A recent spate of deaths connected to aerosol-inhaling has the US public in a state of panic. On September 10th, 2019, the Kansas State Epidemiologist’s office announced that a 6th person may have died due to what they call a “vaping-connected lung illness”.
Many vapers are now concerned about their vaping habit, regardless of whether they are using nicotine vape juices or CBD extracts. However, this is just a classic case of media mislabeling things – it’s like saying that someone died from eating “food” when, in fact, they ate an Escherichia Coli infected lettuce.
The truth of the matter is that these people got sick because they were vaping on illegal THC vape extract that was purchased on the black market. This extract was ‘cut’ with vitamin E to keep the price down, which proved fatal in six cases as people died from a condition that is called lipoid pneumonia. We want to stress here that these people vaped on THC in order to get high – using CBD to treat your health symptoms is very different from that.
Vaping CBD has numerous health benefits, which is why, when reporting on it, news sites should keep in mind that words do matter. That’s why we’ve opened this post by referring to an illness connected to inhaling aerosol.
As you can probably already guess, the short answer to the question: “is vaping CBD safe” is yes – vaping in general (and vaping CBD in particular) is perfectly safe. But for the sake of being thorough, let’s take a closer look at some of the CBD vaping safety studies.
What Do Scientists Say About Vaping Safety?
To examine whether or not vaping CBD is safe, we first need to determine if vaping, in and of itself, is a harmful habit. Do do that, let’s closely examine some of the more recent studies done on the topic.
Way back in 2015, an independent evidence review of vaping was published by Public Health England. The review, which was endorsed by the UK Royal College of Physicians, concluded the following:
- E-cigarettes (vaping) is 95% safer than smoking, and far less harmful than breathing in smoke associated with analog cigarettes.
- At the time, nearly half of the population (around 44%) didn’t realize that this was true. This is why the UK doctors went on an offensive and started recommending e-cigs as an alternative to smoking. Today, the NHS endorses vape devices as a smoking cessation tool, and while vapes are not yet available on prescription, it’s expected that they will be.
- There’s no evidence that e-cigarettes can lead young children or non-smokers to start smoking.
In the four years that have passed since this review, the PHE and NHS have maintained the same position – while not 100% safe (nothing except inhaling pure air is), vaping doesn’t seem to have any long term or short term negative health effects.
In 2016, the Cochrane Organization also published a review of studies that concern the safety of vaping. What they found was that there are still limited studies available that meet their criteria, especially the ones that look at long term effects. However, the studies that they did review showed that vaping is a very effective smoking cessation tool. Furthermore, they noted that it’s not associated with adverse health effects, and the only side-effects noticed were throat and mouth irritation.
Last, but not least, is this long term study conducted by Dr. Polosa from the University of Catania. In the study, he and his team followed a group of young vapers who have never smoked for three and a half years, and found that vaping was unlikely to cause any significant health concerns. In fact, his findings confirmed that vaping on quality vape juices did not cause lung distress or lung inflammation.
As you can see, vaping is completely vindicated in these studies. Sure, there are studies that have been published that paint vaping in a bad light, but all of these have been refuted by other vape researchers, such as the vape expert Dr. Farsalinos. For example, that study that “proved” that vaping introduces formaldehyde into the lungs? Dr. Farsalinos called it a complete sham after examining the method, and that’s because the researchers in question allowed the vape liquid to improperly burn before measuring the contents of the aerosol. As long as you use vape devices as intended – no burning, using quality vape juices (or CBD extract), and you’re properly maintaining your vape device – there’s no need to fear any negative health consequences.
What Do We Know About the Safety of Vaping CBD?
Right now, there aren’t any studies that were done on people vaping CBD. However, vaping is vaping – every study mentioned above that looked into nicotine vapes is still applicable in this case. The only difference is that nicotine in the liquids is replaced by cannabinoids. Sometimes it’s just the one cannabinoid – CBD – and sometimes we’re talking about a group of cannabinoids (when we’re discussing full-spectrum CBD extracts).
In fact, vaping on CBD is probably safer than vaping on regular vape juices. CBD vape extracts do not contain nicotine or flavorings, both of which can be said to be harmful. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor that can have a negative effect on the blood vessels and the heart, and most flavorings have not been tested for inhalation safety. Most CBD vape extracts contain neither of those, which reduces the risk factors involved.
What to Look for in a Safe CBD Vape Extract?
We’ve already established that vaping, as far as the studies that have been done show, does not seem to have any serious adverse health effects. However, it’s important to say that some dangers that are present stem not from the act of vaping, but from what you choose to vape. There are several things to be on the lookout when you’re looking to buy safe CBD vape extract. The next time that you order, pay close attention to the following:
- Buy CBD extract from established manufacturers – ideally, you should buy your CBD from a local shop that you can actually visit. Unfortunately, in the US, this is only possible if you live in California, Oregon, Colorado, and Washington, where this is legal. If you can’t get to a physical shop, do your research on the internet – read brand reviews, and ask questions on CBD-related sites and subreddits and get advice from people who have been vaping CBD for longer periods of time.
- Always verify lab results – CBD extracts need to be lab tested! If a brand can’t provide you with lab test results, don’t buy from them. Additionally, if you have any doubts about a brand, check out their credentials. Look at the lab results and fire off an email to the laboratory in question to confirm that the testing is legit. What you’re looking for here is a confirmation that there are no heavy metals or pesticides present in the CBD.
- Look for CBD extract with the least additives – if you’ve decided to vape on CBD, make sure to do it safely by avoiding extracts with bells and whistles (such as vitamin E oil, which was responsible for those lung illnesses mentioned at the beginning). The only thing you want in your CBD extract is CBD, other cannabinoids, and, potentially, terpenes. Propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and MCT oil are all good diluents but avoid PG if you have asthma or similar lung conditions. Pharmacists, chemists, and other health professionals are all warning against vaping on CBD that contains untested additives, and you would do well to heed those warnings.
- Never buy your CBD extract on the street corner – regardless of the potential savings, never buy your CBD vape extracts on the black market. It’s simply too risky – you have no idea what is in there and no way to check. It could be CBD but, then again, it could be rat poison. Also, even if it is genuine CBD, you have no idea what it’s cut with, and could easily find yourself in a similar position to more than 200 people that were poisoned by the tampered THC oil.
Vaping CBD is Safe – But You Need to Be Smart About It
Here at Velxtech, we have been advocating for quality CBD vape extracts ever since we started creating state of the art CBD vape devices and atomizers. We can only do so much to make your vaping experience safe and pleasurable – CBD extract manufacturers need to do their part, and consumers need to do theirs. Only then will we be able to avoid tragedies such as the recent one in the United States of America.
If you’re vaping on CBD that you’ve bought from a less-than-reputable manufacturer, we urge you to stop today. Also, if you notice any of the following symptoms – cough, dizziness, nausea, tiredness, shortness of breath, or general weakness – as you vape, please stop immediately and visit your doctor!
Vape CBD safely and reap all the therapeutic benefits of this amazing natural compound. If you have any questions about Velxtech products or CBD in general, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team – they will be happy to help you out.
Le plus souvent, ello répond â un plan passant par le milieu de la selle lurcique, et le tissu spongieux viagra pharmacie andorr qui remplit le reste de Tos est en tout oniparahle au tissu des corps vertéhraux. Or, plus le sinus est petit, plus sont éloignés ses rapports avec la face postérieure du sphénoïde. C’est ainsi jut, les premiers Testîges d’une cavité sinusale apparaissant en premier lieu dans la partie tout à fait antérieure, on voit, chez Jes sujets jeunes, que la partie postérieure du corps du sphénoïde est constituée par du tissu spongieux en voie de prix viagra pharmacie régression prix du vrai viagra viagra pfizer pharmacie et appelé à céder sa place au sinus. C’est surtout à la partie inférieure cout du viagra en pharmacie que tarif viagra en pharmacie s’ohservenl les vacfcTiue, occupant louto la scUo turciciue, soulevant le chiasnia des nerfs optiques, envaliissanl les parois du sinus caverneux gaucho, bouchant en avant la fente sphénoïdale aui-he, recouvrant la rcyi n dos tnms jJirand vente de viagra pharmacie rond, ovale et petit rond, se prolonj eant en arrière sur la face antcrooxlcmc du rocher et débordant forum viagra en pharmaci viagra pharmacie lign sur la face endocranienne cialis generique dangereux de l’apophyse Un prolongemont dans viagra pharmacie francais l’orbite viagra est il vente libre pharmacie gaucho refoulait n avant le globe oculaire uii autre envahissait le sinus maxillaire et la région plérygomavillairc. cialispascherfr24.com Quant au sinus sphénoïdal et à la foss nasale gauchos, ils étaient remplis d’une matière jaunâtre, grumeleuse lig.